Dr. Ryan Lunsford joined the University of the Incarnate Word in 2010 and currently serves as Professor of Management and Chair of the Doctor of Business Administration. Professor Lunsford received his Bachelor of Science and Master of Business Administration degrees from The Texas A & M University System. He continued his graduate training at The University of Texas at Dallas where he earned both the Master of Science and the Master of Arts degrees building upon his international graduate university studies at The University of London and The London School of Economics. In 2006, having completed his dissertation examining the marketing of home education, he earned the Doctor of Philosophy in Management. Professor Lunsford teaches a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and executive courses both online and on-ground. Previously, Dr. Lunsford was Dean at the Keller School of Graduate Management in Phoenix, Arizona and Assistant Professor of Marketing and Founding Director of the Executive MBA Program at the Ken Blanchard College of Business at Grand Canyon University. Prior to academia, Professor Lunsford served a Dallas/Fort Worth non-profit educational corporation for five years as Director of Strategic Management.
Dr. Lunsford’s favorite classes to teach are the doctoral publication and presentation course and business ethics. In addition to serving as the Faculty Advisor for the Delta Mu Delta Honor Society, he is co-editor for 15 business textbooks for McGraw-Hill, Cengage, and Prentice Hall, and has published a number of peer-reviewed case studies including:
- Reserve Retention: The Influence of Job Satisfaction on Military Reserve Service Member Re-enlistment and Retention
- A Case Study of CPS Energy’s Management of Disruptive Forces
- Brooks City-Base: The Astute Rebranding of a National Icon
- Geographic Branding At Nestlé Waters North America
- U.S. Rental Car Industry
- H-E-B’s sustainable competitive advantage
- CPS Energy: Leading The Way To A Sustainable Future
- Beyond the burrito: Chipotle Mexican Grill’s brand extension
- Onshoring: An i-Opener for Apple, Inc.